Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Sparkle with Prima - Lulupu Blog Hop

Hello and Warm Welcome for your first stop at my blog for Lulupu Blog Hop - 2014



I am very excited to get you rolling along with my Mixed Media Canvas and step by step tutorial for that.
(Picture Heavy Post)

I've used many newest Prima products for this.


It is 14*12 " Canvas. I started with attaching various torn pieces of Prima Epiphany papers.It has some gorgeous designs  with text and bird cages and butterflies. I used Art Basics Soft Gloss Gel as a glue.


 I applied Art Basics Modelling paste through Prima bubble stencil. It gives perfect texture. And it takes the colors properly.


Next , I stamped with various Prima and Kaisercraft texture stamps and Ranger jet black Archival Ink. On that  I applied Clear Gesso at some areas and white gesso at some. I wanted some designs to see through.
This is the first time I am using clear gesso and am very happy with the results.


Here, you will see, I started adding embellishments. Shadow box is Prima packaging box(I gessoed it ). Other embellishments are
Prima Ehipany flowers
Epiphany laser cut wood icons
Prima resin butterflies
Forever Green laser cut wood icons
Prima typo Zipper pulls

I gessoed them all.


I started to apply colors with my various spray inks in yellow, orange and red colors.


I dried it with heat tool.


I've created crackle effect with Prima Gold crackle paste. I applied it through bubble stencil, woow it is just amazing!!

And here is final look of my canvas!!


Let's see some closeups..


 Backside of box, I've attached gauze, which gave lovely texture. Prima embellishments are easy and lovely to add beauty to your creation.
I applied Luminous Art Glitter on the embellishments. They look fab in real, camera couldn't capture it
I also added sequin 


I created this flower with modeling paste and Prima stencil.

 
I found these lovely sequin in Epiphany Ephemera. You will see all the layers here.



Embellishments are also having so many layers of white/black gesso, spray inks and acrylic paints.

 








It is a box canvas, so I've created all texture and colors on the all sides.

Hope you liked the tutorial and my canvas.
Don't forget to comment on my blog.
and Participate  in Lulupu sparkle with Prima blog hop and challenge.
You will find all details here.
 There are some exciting prizes to win!!

Thanks for stopping by, and your next stop is amazing Priya Sondhi


31 comments:

  1. What a Gorgeous Canvas Shilpa ! I loved going through the process a step by step,getting to know about many products ! Colors are beautiful and the textures look amazing not to forget the lovely embellishments !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply stunning Shilpa. So clever to used the wood veneer box in your canvas. Also admiring d layers and clusters you created.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous canvas, great colors and beautiful textured!
    Groetjes Karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely Gorgeous Canvas!!!!
    Super start !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are the best in mixed media shilpa..loved the canvas and structures.. shadow box and embellishments are cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally magnificent, Shilpa! Love this canvas and all it has to offer--color, texture, interest, dimension, and above all, art! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shilpa ! You did an amazing art piece. I love the use of the mediums, fantastic job. The whole process is great. Thank you so much for sharing. Beautiful work, well done !!! Hugs, Marta x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful - than you so much for sharing :)
    Love your project!

    ReplyDelete
  9. amazing creation,love the canvas and bright colours,you used.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely awesome work!!! Love all the textures and embellishments. Thanks for sharing the step by step tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful work and what a wonderful start to the blog hop.I love that flower you created with the stencil and the crackle texture is awesome and so are the warm colours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing canvas Shilpa... I loved all the textures you have created ... Bright and beautiful work...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just stunning shilpa..amazing texture and details. .love the shadow box the cluster and wonderful effects using texture paste

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an absolutely gorgeous canvas Shilpa...Love the textures and all the beautiful details here ...Loved the way you have used the wood icons box as your focal ..fabulous idea !!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow absolutely gorgeous. Nobody can beat you at mixed media. Lovely project.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous Shilpa, this is a beautiful textured canvas. I love anything from Prima.
    Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a gorgeous project! You must be delighted with how this turned out. Thanks for sharing how you made it! It's the first time I've been here and will come back to see what you've been up to!

    Gaby xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very beautiful vibrant canvas Shilpa! the stencils, embellishments and mediums are really gorgeous !!
    Thanks for the detail tutorial :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow...such a lot to see...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow... this is gorgeous Shilpa.... Love the way you have explained steps. Would sure love to try. Thank you so much.

    Hugs
    CAtherine

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh my! What is started off as and how it ended looking...is just awesome! The colors are so striking and the textures add so much appeal. Love the placement of the box and all the embellies.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous, gorgeous project Shilpa! I loved going through all the step-by-step process of the making. You make it look so effortless and perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow!! What an incredibly fabulous work of art this is Shilpa! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Shilpa superb....colorful and innovative project.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful canvas Shilpa!!! Love the colors and textures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Aha girl !!
    This one totally rocks
    I love your process pictures

    ReplyDelete
  27. Stunning project Shilpa!! Though I luv making canvas but you have surely inspired me to experiment with a shadow box on the canvas! great thought!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Amazing ! Love the concept.specially using reusing the box . So much to learn :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fabulous texture and colours :) awesome work :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. The shadow box is cute with lovely colors. lovely textures you created.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...