Monday, June 9, 2014

Mixed Media Canvas - Wonderful Adventure

Hello Everyone,

 Today, I am sharing with you a Mixed Media Canvas.





The canvas is based on the sketch given by our Lulupu DT Jaya, and this is inspiration post at Lulupu blog for our current sketch challenge.




To divide the canvas in two parts, which you can see in a sketch, I used two different stencils to create the texture.  Upper part has done with Crafters workshop Mini Spinning Tops stencil and lower part with Memory box Rhapsody stencil, I love this design. I've used Shabby shutters and Squeezed Lemonade distress paints to bring the color on canvas.




I've also done texture stamping in the background with Peeled paint distress ink, Cofee Archival ink, Prima Square stiches stamp, text stamp and tiny circle stamp.


Lulupu store has these wonderful Wood Veneer Journal Cards from Studio Calico, its use is versatile. I used it as a center piece. I brought texture and color on it to match with background. Ohh, yes and the Prima junkyard light bulb, isn't it gorgeous? I made it my flower vase. And the main attraction is the dimensional Pink Flower stickers from Ek Success.  

Thank you so much for stopping by today.



19 comments:

  1. Hello Shilpa, I've just been over to Lulupu and left a comment there.
    I just love this page and am going to come back later to look at the details more closely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous make Shilpa, what a great idea to use the lichtbulb as a vase!
    Greetings, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it that you are not "locked in" to only certain colors, but continue to create using whatever color inspired you on that day! That is versatility as an artist! It took me a while to embrace yellow, but fine now I am drawn to it. It somehow evokes joy within me, and this piece does exactly that! Love it, Shilpa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! Shilpa is amazing love it love it ..lovely mixed media work i always get inspired by your mixed media works and journals ..lovely textures ..stencils are awesome and light bulb super.. flowers are cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love this canvas, Shilpa. Everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I love this canvas, Shilpa. Everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful canvas, Shilpa. Love the pretty texture and colors you created. The flowers are wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous canvas Shilpa, the green and pink go so well together. Well done !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!!! its so beautiful Shilpa!! love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your canvas is stunning Shilpa, I love the textured background!
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your composition Shilpa, brilliant!! Your flower vase is just wonderful indeed, and your canvas in these colours is very gorgeous!! Hugs, Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful artwork Shilpa, love the colours, texture and composition. Thanks for the inspiration! Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have learnt something thanks to this post...
    I don't do sketch challenges as they feel restricting. Here with yr wonderful canvas, I now see that it's a personal interpretation of the sketch? Hope that's correct...
    I can't believe the flowers are stickers?! Using the bulb as a vase looks lovely. I have seen real vases used this way but not trinkets on canvas. The backgrounds textures are brilliant although I am glad you said about 2 halves as didn't notice this. Beautifully spring like... :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous canvas! Love the green textures background! And the flowers with the light bulb vase are pretty! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so joyful and the colors--delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulous canvas, Shilpa - the zing of those pinks against the vivid green is just amazing, and I love all the texture too.

    Looking forward to tomorrow - have a lovely Sunday!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this. The colors are great and using that light bulb as the vase for those blossoms was clever.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...